Sunday, August 26, 2007

082607

You are one of those aren't you?

Eyes rolling deep into your skill.
Hands shaking wet with anticipation.
Tongue split snakelike,
beckoning the curious victim.
Ora, a milky darkness,
too thick to make out your manipulations.

You are one of those aren't you?

Filed teeth gnashing,
hiding spit frothing greed lust.
Back curling, flinching, recoiled
from the truth that sunlight brings.
My stomach churns; curdled memories
just to pass by our history.
For I was the fool-driven child
you dug your claws into.

You are one of those aren't you?

My skin still healing and here you are
to peel off scabs from my flesh.
And as the blood begins to appear, dripping,
sliding down my spine.
The memories rising, boiling
up my throat and threaten
to purge all over my feet.

You are one of those aren't you?

And I can see your spiteful grin
beneath those shaded eyes,
for you know that your simple presence
reminds in me
that I had once joined the beasts.

And was one of those, too.

No comments: