Friday, May 1, 2009

Tell me a different story.

You are long in your longing
I have nothing but worry
I send you

shattered dreams
to rattle and shake
shove torn through the cracks
your door of depression.

You had a fire
and now it's gone
where?

Where did you loose it?
"Just hibernating."
in a sigh.
Where did you loose it?

Can I find a switch?
Can I mend wires?
Bending metal to metal
Bringing current to current
Binding with black tape
electricity.

"No." with ashy eyes.

You want to be anywhere
but where you are
and I am exactly so.

I want to give you:
crystals of ice
drops of dew
banana leaves
and dreams.

(Remember dreams?)

I want to dream with you
burn my fingers on your heat
burn the planet with our tongues.

And I'm reaching,
I'm reaching,
for a flame that's gone cold.
Embers.
I hear it in your voice
and I know
you're loosing.

You're loosing.

You need a change,
you dream of unknown,
Images of snow and
thick humidity.

I'm coming for you.

You won't be there
when I arrive.

1 comment:

Erin Karcher said...

sweet breeze like gentle dreams
i am adrift as twigs
down a baby stream
muddled and muddied
with no direction

i remember dreams
with blueberry pancakes
and boys who steal my fork.