Thursday, May 21, 2009

051409

This morning brings about
an odd fascination.
A morbid curiosity
that could kill me,
if I let it.

There is electricity.
What would it taste like?
On the end of a knife?
To draw the shape
of blood
on my tongue?

Would there be blood at all?
Or perhaps,
an instant cauterization
of wires;
severing nerves and
burning them apart,
all in one spark.

And what about pavement?
How would it feel
caressing my flesh
like a lover;
raging from the height
of a rooftop?

I want to fly.
Drop backwards
off the eaves of imagery
while imagining only
the color green.
I want to capture it
in my mind;
tamed by a certain
solitude.
Think only of green
and become it
in a million
falling
drops of paint.

Would I ricochet?

Or
would I exterminate my colors
in a staining of stones and
for all eternity
they would know
where green expired?

Would it leach from
the fresh leaves of roses
and morning glories?
Would it leave the earth's fauna
in a ghostly, dusty hue?
Would the color drip
down from every point of life
and travel the planet
slowly
to arrive where I left green
as an executioner
to shine obsessively vibrant
in reminiscence
for all eternity?

And when I walked
from my tinted massacre
would the only memory
of green
remain as just a hint?
A tiny glint of color
in the wink of my eyes?

Or what,
what if I needed refuge
from these nights
of wild dreams,
of oppression,
and I took to the street
to sleep with the whores,
and learned Spanish
as I told them my sins?

The confessions of an immortal
desperate to die;
of a heart that danced wild
in the heat with a flame;
the cries of a mother
unwanted, unwed.
The breaking of silence
on water.

This musing is dreams
dipped in mischief;
is skin
dripped in hard candy
cherry flavored;
is secrets
reveled by eyes pacing
beneath the sweet shell.

This dream is escape
is escape
is escape
is escape
and throwing your memories
through glass
to the ground.

This is a forgotten sensuality
the caress of a dull blade
running the curves of my skin.
After all,
this blade is nothing
but a piece of life
in my hands.

3 comments:

Erin Karcher said...

I stood one night
one morning night
on the edge of the aurora bridge
and swelled the sea
to my nostrils
and drank in endless possiblities
of smell and sounds
of heartbreak
I left the edge
for safety and warmth.

I returned yesterday
and taught myself to fly.

Agent Jellie said...

When I return
will you teach me
too?

Erin Karcher said...

Yes.