Thursday, August 6, 2009

A honey violin playing at the trading post.

I'm going to abandon my heart
and leave it on the street.
Maybe I'll throw it off a bridge.

Because my heart is broken
and rattles each step that I take.
Because my heart can't function
all wrapped up in duct tape.

Instead it twists what's good for me
into steaming cauliflower
and coats trouble
with a taste vital for survival.

My heart is jerrybuilt
and it needs to be removed.
I will leave it on the street

for an animal to carry off
and feed piece for piece
to its bleating den

and then
I will strip bare the metal bars
that once directed my Raleigh bike
and fit them neat into my newest cavity

with this useful tool
in final trade for my bleeding romance
I will never cry for you again.

3 comments:

Erin Karcher said...

in final trade for my bleeding romance
I will never cry for you again.

~

Yes.

stephie anne said...

How are you, I wonder? This is a sad poem.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!