Sunday, July 26, 2009

A storm before twilight.

I am beat on the surface of drowning
I am wet on the four A.M. street
I am water to breathe for the first time in months
I can live with the clouds on my skin

dancing free from the eaves and the trees
with my skin dripping sorrow and sweat
sweet lightning to clear out my cluttered yet charming
the child that spins underneath

I want raining to gather my eye wells
for mosquitoes to light in my pools
I want breeding commenced on my body
changed from feeding to egg-laying flesh

I am born in the mid-summer storming
I become but the pavement itself
with percussion alight on my breathing
I want ricocheted melodic breaths

and when heavens give what I'm wanting
I will fly through the streaks of the night
I will kiss to cielo my secrets
gasping heavy my air on the lawn

of your neighbors all sleeping quite silent
and breathe quick the earth twice again
you are wet with a soon-after thunder
you are hiding the shadows of homes

No comments: