Sunday, May 9, 2010

Too long's passed- and I'm in love.

You are moonlight in my apple tree
Summer's hair bleached bright by laughter
long days with heavy dreaming
and strawberries

We climbed every sapling
just to kiss
when we reached the top

Where sailboats land
without wake or wind
and we build train tracks
to drive away on

I'm sitting under them now
sand in your hair by the glacier river
ice in your smile and I first realized
this is forever.

And I am too many beers just to ride on your back
because, you always carry me.
That's where I love you
every part that I can touch

Each one I will swallow
tip your toes into my lips and sip you in
there I can keep you
drop by drop

I will never get enough and you are a fountain
artesian wells that will always call me home
where I belong, right between
your shoulder and your chest

I can't help myself.
Fireflies on your fingertips
as they trail along my spine
leaving warm lines tracing
the places you have been

I can't help myself.
I am crashing like the river
all through the Spring
and lazy into July and early August

Iced tea and raspberry lemonade
and you've got sugar on your mouth
let me pull you down
and keep you like the Summers left

I'll keep you like the Summer.

No comments: