Sunday, May 9, 2010

Arrivals and Departures: Her

Because you must go
(though I want you to stay)
(play your songs on my soul)
(troll your hands through my veins)

Kiss the curve of your bone
lonely whispered goodbye
sigh the saddest of tones
droning wedding ring ties

and my last eyes will furl
bullet lashes in rain
drain the banks of the world
pulling tears up your name

while the terminal haunts
gauntly growing insane
painful distance that daunts
taunted hands without shame

As you step from my heart
start descending the air
faring sweetness and tart
lark and lullaby flair

and the earth shakes your grasp
asking all that you hold
path imposed on your maps
tapping heels through the mold

don't you grip to your fears
tears and quiver-bit lip
tip your eyes as the years
turn the shape of my hip

and these miles that jaunt
wanting mothers and whores
more the lovers that haunt
what will always be yours

You'll return to my heart
heat your skeleton bone
lone to slip through my parts
where you find yourself home

As our limbs intertwine
bind our bodies in stone
you're my Psyche in vine
growing mother on throne

As the earth tries to shake
take and bend what we are
scar the bonds that we make
break what's sealed from our jar

We will bind ever tight
fight for all that we've got
rot and ruin can't slight
light our bullets unshot

I will keep you in springs
ringing deep from the earth
birth return to my rings
fingers locking our worth

As our planets unbind
twine our worlds into one
hum my promises blind
I will keep you unsung

No comments: