Friday, December 21, 2012

Your bad day.

My teeth crunch with strawberry frost.
I want to cry dark purple
I want to cry the color of air just before it snows
Because nothing is right in my winter
when something's wrong with you.


I ache for snow
but those flakes melt miles above me
and all I have is rain

Can't we ever break
from weeks and weeks of rain?
It's in my eyes now - that rain

I ache for snow.
It creeps my veins now - that snow
my hair gets lighter
the backs of my hands change to blue.

The snow fills my bones
and I can't get warm at night.
Under piles of blanket all I get is rain
I sweat rain all night through but
snow still floats my blood.
I can't get rid of it.

Because my sky tints green with violet clouds
When something is wrong with you.


I can smile December sunsets
electric in their fleeting light
and still the snow will never fall.
That snow will never come.

Because snow makes us clean, dear
and we're still dripping
with muddy pines and rising King Tides.

I'm drowning under
and it just keeps coming - that rain
Your streams become my grave
Your song salutes my freezing heart
'cause I'm still full of mountain song

My avalanche just shivers when you pass
'Cause nothing's right with the frost, dear
when there's something wrong with you.


And it just keeps on raining - that rain!
I'm chained to the earth by it
My blizzard soul is buried
in the very flood of you.

How can I swim
when I don't even know
up in your downpour?

You are dripping moss and breaking boughs
laden with water
as that rain keeps falling and falling - that rain

'Cause nothing is right in my winter
when there's something wrong with you!


As the solstice falls dark to night
I present you with my crystal heart
Pop apart my button flannel
to reveal lungs full of snow
and a heart grown still with winter.

You pry between icicle ribs
and carve a tiny shape behind my breathing -

You are my heart.
Your raindrop silhouette
carved into my spine
is why nothing is right in my world, dear
when there's something wrong with you.

No comments: