Thursday, December 8, 2011

mis mentiras

Are you soft enough to forgive me?
Can you bend your heart instead of breaking?

When I loved you, I never touched you.
Tender kisses wrapped in freedom, fear, and apprehension.

When I touched you, I didn't love you.
Threw you down trying hard,
so hard, desperately searching
for the thing my heart used to feel.

I was ruined by heartbreak.
I was broken my love.

Two men came.
One broke my bones.
another my soul.
And my spirit flitted free from my body.

I know you felt it.
New callouses on my skin.
A new harshness to my hands.

You were all I had left.
You were all that I had.

So I tried, so desperate.
I was so desperate.
I knew that I'd loved you.
I needed to feel that again.

But when I touched you, I didn't love you.

Can you ever forgive me?
Are we old enough to set our minds
over our hearts?
I'm not sure we ever will be.

2 comments:

Erin Karcher said...

My body was strong enough to shield the world from all the pieces of your broken heart.

I always knew.

I always liked the kissing best.

Agent Jellie said...

Me too. It's nice to be honest.