Tuesday, October 14, 2008

101408

I am pre-dreaming
singing and seeming
casting lines deep into the night
with lies and vines
seduction at sight
with hope
to drudge up.
Something sweet for dinner.

To bring the plate
satiate the palate strung
with baited morsels
scalding to the table
with nightscape and fable
and feed in spite-
mouths hungry
eyes wide and
lips parted
wet with appetite.

Dreams whipped
hand on whisk cramped
stiff peaks of
falling, flying, lovers stamped
on brain waves
and gravy trays
spices scattered all of them
and the harsh flicker of REM.

I am lucid
a crucifix on chain
an aim to claim
drawing my reel
through clay creek bank reality
pulling the line
with the constant click
the tisk tick of Father time
then silence-
a rapture-

hook swinging
stagnant breath stinging
seething though the nose
the noose lingers
hypnotic through the air
my eyes fixed to stare
and I am drifting
lulled into my own spells
the dreaming tells
and drifting to the bait
to catch myself
torn up
by selfish fate-
the end to my addiction.

1 comment:

salsa_estrella said...

beautiful. makes me all anticipatory tingly like. Love the line about addiction, fits in with the way this piece never quite gives you enough, always wanting a little more.
you are amazing.