Sunday, November 11, 2007

060406

Jade

The girl in green
remained across from me.
I was her, and
she was I.
We never spoke a single word;

our eyes consistent, intertwined.
History and destination;
absolute
meaningless entities.

Her shining emeralds
peering through me,
absorbing
the scenery behind.

A blindness is gifted
to those with eyes of green.

I waited to catch her,
to steal a fleeting glimpse.
To feel the neon
electricity cast
from a glance.

Without her
sea of thrashing
energy whipping
through my day,

my duties fade
black and white,
silent black.

What would I do,
to lack that overlooking eye?

Without her wild nature,
forcing me into
movement, into action,
into life?
And so I waited.

There are the trees,
the earth, the leaves,
the growth.
There is the bubbling algae,
the shimmering fairy, the thick
canopy light.
You find the darkened waters,
the dancing meadows, and then-

her shining,
penetrating,
intensity.
green eyes.

So stunning you cannot look
and you cannot look away.
The summary of my life.

As I look
across the right-angles
and sunken hearts,
I find those eyes
screaming to me.
And yet.
She looks through
and beyond.

No comments: