Monday, October 15, 2007

101507

She should be sleeping
again with the sleeping sleeping
the tired eyes are waking to eat
the brownies in your kitchen.

She walks along the broken glass
the fallen flask
the watered mask
and smiles at the tracks of blood
walk pacing past your floor.

She thinks the thoughts of darkened skies
repeats the thoughts of haunting friends
with unfriendly thinking striking through
the deepness of their passions.

And this is not the flow of thought
she stops her thought
to clean her thoughts
for thinking thoughts of reckless thought
is far too dank to mention.

And where have all the back pains gone
the golden statues of the sun
and where have all your judgments lain
to pass the sunlit sunshine sun
and give it to the broken.

The sickened sweet sticks to my tongue
to give the taste of this regret
the thoughts of delicate raw delight
to plague the brain with gifts unwet.

But why's the pain of night returned
to steal the sweetened glucose dreams
and take my mind to bodies burned
to rip my flesh off at the seams

and now I'm ranting constant conquer
purpose full of discontent
and now I'm screaming conscious jest
to fill your blood with gold unspent.

And how the changes of your tide
will take my soul within your grasp
never to give my life the chance
for freedom feared from frightened fables
preventing mystery foods from tables

and where should the body find this dream
the pulse of strange exotica need
venom flown from taste to bloodstream
again to track cool breath breed
alighting in my catacombs.

1 comment:

Erin Karcher said...

I read this out loud and it blew my mind.

As for the senryu, they were from class with me, Josh and Kendra