Saturday, October 6, 2007

for you.

Tonight I caught you.
You were caught catching.
Caught glimpsing.
I caught that glimpse
leaving trace-
path across your gaze.

A fearing fear of terrific.
Terrifying frightened
simple stated reaction.

Please do not tell me
my eyes are not lies.
The twisted twirling tales
of deceitful tattle children.

Baby, please
don't you tell me
you have let all the monsters
come out and eat your pretty
pretty face.

For you are the most beautiful.
All the beauties never grasp
the sweetness; curving lip lines and
the flutter butter lashes.

And now my fear sincerely.
To scream an echo fade.
I hope to hope a lonely hope,
and pray I have not lost you.

Oh baby, please.
Do not let them eat you.
Devour face
and creamy posture
and blushing body
and curving mental mystery allure.
Please do not let them eat you.

They don't understand
the concepts to savor
and like the amphetamines
will only leave you bare.

Broken lover; hollow body,
they are all here for beauty
stealing all your profits.

Your grace will shed
off pounding, pounding,
and groaning, moaning
hunger pains
beauty loosing
and all the while the
monsters here are fat to gain.

So tell me please again, Love.
Tell me sight creates mistakes.
Tell me what I caught was simple
butterflies for catching
Salmon pink and snatching
the molten brownies scratching
to rip the fat from off your frame.

Please tell me I'm mistaken.
Do not starve the planet bare in.
Desire for bodies such as yours.
Do not; feed the beasting
and steal off bite for bite
all the love you had to offer.

all the love you had to offer.

1 comment:

Erin Karcher said...

I must've cried for an hour when I read this. You mean so much to me and this poem has embroidered itself onto the very core of my soul.

I wrote you a poem too, it took me a while to compose and figure out what exactly I was trying to say. I'll be glad to go into depth and detail about all of it when we're together again. I would spill my lungs heart intestines liver spleen kidneys to you, if you're wanting to know.