Wednesday, September 19, 2007

0918-1907

Tonight I am sleeping but
the problem is that I'm
not quite sleeping
like Science of Sleep/ing
dream-sleep Waking Life.

Breathing exhales and inhales of
meditating toe stretches
that are meant to relax
the ever restless mind

like Chamomile tea
for the insomniac.

My past is living
crawling through my pores
to remind me of
the recollections
I almost got away from.

And now I have been alive
for so many hours. My
stomach barks a growling ache
like all of my human sorrows.

My present fights for
immediacy, for
the gratification
of too many sweets
and procrastination.

While, my future sits
awaiting frantic dread
and raw gnawed fingers
that never had a chance to shine.

And the loom of tomorrow is already casting shadows
covering my eyes with anxiety
quickened breath and adrenaline.

Yet why is the ever flowing mind
wide awake as the sun child
splashing in the crashing
of excitement, while
the body suffers consequence

filled with not-caffeine
and inward churning discontent.
Both aware of this dire need
for regeneration; recuperation.

A rest filled night of
eye twitching stories
and thought-breaking dreamland.

But why is this journey too difficult?

Why have the paths been
beaten impassable and
forced the body
resorting a fate
so repetitious of the Donnor's?

I am not sleeping, but
yet dream to be sleeping
and cannot comprehend
the lack of body sleeping.

No comments: