Monday, September 3, 2007

090207

You are so out of my league.
but I am so alone here and
I hate the solitude.

I fear aloneness with
myself and
my fantasies. And
this house is so empty without you.

And my sheets are too foul and pink
so let's sleep above them-
but then the comforter
scratches at your perfection.

And Buffalo Springfield tells me to stop.
but I just can't hear them through
the go and go and go and
the blood is ringing in my ears and

it reminds me of when he slapped you so hard
you almost lost that side of sensory perception.
Thank God for modern medicine
or to this day you wouldn't hear me from this side.

And now Cake whispers sweet temptations.
Dripping love seduction
rich and melting into my ears.

Weight is always my last word.

Gravity pulls deeper into the mattress.
Sinking me down into the sheets of
Jersey knit and sinful secrets.
I still smell your sweat in my fibers.
And lick your taste off my lips.

You are so out of my league.
but somehow tonight
I rub the bruises
swollen with last night's memories.

Give in to the weight.

1 comment:

Erin Karcher said...

There is my life, lying in your words.