Monday, January 9, 2012

Archive: February 9, 2011- Equal Rights

I walked into a supernova
I expected inspiration
but- damn; a supernova

I became the girl with wild lips
the one I used to know
on the peninsula beach
screaming slipping syllables
down her succulent face

I became brazen, offensive,
even honest.
Oh so honest.
Age has made me her.
Honest
Offensive
Brazen
I fought for irony
and threw up sarcasm in your hurricane breakfast.

I was once again for a fleeting glimpse
your horse child
I was the daughter of Brautigan
and the lips that kissed the lips of Ginsberg
I was Kate Crowes fitful infant
but only for a glimpse.

Shut your eyes
and I will break the silence
ruin the mood
and rebut every cleaver line you own.

I've returned your rightful winnings with-
I don't like you, but I respect you
You deserve to win
but I deserve to compete
I hope this is what you were looking for.

1 comment:

Erin Karcher said...

You deserve to win
but I deserve to compete

yesssss