Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Road Love Lullaby 090110

Slide through the light
ignite the hairs
of your underbelly
on my dreaming smile

I'm lost for you.

You are bubble love
pulled taunt
through strings in the air
lengths of my hair

Bass pounding the beaches
of the entire planet.
We will drive them all

Tomorrow
I will breathe fog from my breast
and you will sleep
upon the cold morning ground

The broken salt of sand
a million grains painting
with hazy eyes- distracted
by the drifting of your ocean

I will swim and you will take photographs.

You will drive as I sleep on your shoulder.

I'll feed you the horizon in California
the Earth itself in Oregon
and the stars back home
in Washington.

They will pass
one by two
from my parted hands
through your open mouth

and I will alternate kisses
until your dreams overflow
But you'll never
be full.

1,2oo rolling miles
and my hand will never fill
of yours
for we are the perfect fit.

I never knew I was missing
until your pieces fell with mine
and now- I will only be whole
beside you.

No comments: